This is presented to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the community of Claygate in the last 12 months.
Parish Councillors vote on the nominations and the winner is announced at the annual Village Meeting.
1. The nominator has to live or work in Claygate.
2. The nominator may nominate more than one person.
3. The recipient has to live or work in Claygate.
4. Please ensure the nominee gives permission for their name to be publicised.
5. Sitting Parish, Borough and Surrey County Councillors are ineligible for nomination.
6. The nomination should be made to the Clerk, justifying in no more than 50 words why, and how, the potential recipient has made an outstanding contribution
to the community in Claygate in the past 12 months.
7. Voting will be carried out by secret ballot. If there is no outright winner of the first ballot, a second ballot will be conducted putting forward the
names with the most votes. Voting will continue until an outright winner is achieved. In the event of a tie, the Chairman of the Parish Council will have
a casting vote.
Revised January 2017