27th March 2020
For the latest advice on Coronavirus COVID-19 please access the UK Government website: -
If you are a local business the latest advice and support on what is available to you is detailed on this website: -
Please note both sites are updated daily.
Surrey County Council have launched a Community Helpline number to direct you to services that can help during the coronavirus pandemic: -
0300 200 1008 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
This community phone line is here for two things:
1. To help direct residents who need support, such as picking up shopping, prescription collections or having someone who can be a telephone friend, to services who can help.
2. To provide advice on where to register your offer of help to support your community.
The helpline will not be able to provide any public health advice (please use existing services such as 111).
*Call charges: Calls to 03 numbers from any network will cost no more than those to 01 and 02 numbers and count as part of any call package.
The cost of calls per minute depends on the network. Please check with your provider. BT customers may be able to call 03 numbers for free.
Please note: Calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands)
- when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean